Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Untimely Death of a Never-Read Post

I had a lovely post all written out. I started editing some html, then went into the normal view, and Blogger kindly informed me that part of a tag was missing.

I hit save before I edited that tag, but while it was trying to save, I went back into the html view and somehow accidentally backspaced my whole post.

And then it saved.

And the last thing I had copied was a simple link.

*sigh* Maybe it was for good reason. I was talking about God in that post; perhaps some of my theology was off.  Or maybe (probably) it was just a simple mistake.

In either case, I unfortunately lost about 45 minutes of my time because of that terribly-timed save.

So, my prayer for the rest of this day: "Lord, do not let the rest of my time go to waste."

I usually hate clipart, but right now, I feel a kinship with it. I feel like this right now:



Maybe my prayer for the rest of the day really should be: "Lord, please help me control my anger toward non-animate objects that I'm placing the blame for human error on...and keep any destructive weapons like knives or axes away from me and my laptop..."

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I like this, can totally relate. My tablet and I disagree frequently and I lose alot of progress:(. It seems to think it's good to shut down my windows at random times, which wipes anything I was doing and resets me to the homepage. It really stinks bc it's only 7 inches long, which would make it easy to throw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would drive me up a wall! It probably would get thrown up the wall first...haha!

      Delete

I welcome comments - then I'm not just talking to myself! Join in the conversation.