It has been quite a while since I posted last (relatively speaking). I am just so tired lately...the first symptom to hit me when I was pregnant with Svanja was exhaustion, and it seems it's the same with this pregnancy. I take a nap almost each day, sometimes sleeping up to 3 hours. Thankfully, Svanja sleeps about the same during her nap.
I wish I could sleep more at night, but no matter how late or how early I go to bed, I wake up just before 6 due to the sun and birds. I finally put up two blankets over the window, since even with the light-reducing, insulating shade it still gets too bright for me to sleep. We'll see if that helps me sleep in later.
God has been so active in my life lately. Well, actually, that's the wrong terminology. My eyes have been opened to see how God has been working in my life lately. I can't wait to share where God is calling Jordan and I! Pieces are slowly falling into place, pieces of confirmation.
There is so much I want to write about - how to fight as a couple (to get things resolved, not worse), the New Heaven and New Earth (one of my favorite topics EVER - looking forward to eternity!!), how much I love my new iPhone 5, what I'm planning on doing for Svanja's birthday party....
Svanja is one! She turned one on Tuesday!!! And she is taking more and more steps and really enjoys the risk of walking. She looks like a toddler, acts older, and I seriously don't know how Jordan and I lived before we had her. I can't imagine life without her now!
But bed is calling me. Or vegging on the couch with the remote or a book...something where I don't have to think. Haha. *yawn*
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
What is your Mommy's top five can't go with outs?
My top five are:
1. Pacifier: Svanja was nursing me dry and raw before I introduced the pacifier to her around 2 months, and even now it keeps her much calmer than she would be if she didn't have it. Her favorites are this pink camo one and this funny lips one we bought at a tourist trap in Kentucky.
2. Ergo Baby Carrier: I have absolutely NO clue how moms survive without a carrier of some sort! I use mine ALL the time; it's the best way to keep Svanja content and out of trouble while I get things done. I've had 5 different carriers, and this one is my favorite. Svanja loves it, and it doesn't hurt my shoulders or back even if I wear her for 3 hours at a time. It's designed so much of the baby's weight sits on your hips, instead of all on your shoulders (like other carriers do). I also loved the Moby Wrap when she was smaller. Here I'm using it at church during band practice.
3. Earth's Best Organic Blueberry Banana Baby Food Pouches: Svanja's favorite flavor of baby food. She sucks these pouches dry super fast! Baby food pouches are one of the best inventions for on-the-go feeding. They're super easy, super quick, and virtually mess-free! I make my baby food at home, but for on-the-go, I can't recommend baby food pouches enough!
4. Boogie Wipes: Much better than Kleenex for wiping Svanja's nose, these keep her nose moisturized, plus they grab those long, ucky, stringy green boogers really well. Pair them with a suction bulb and you've got the upper hand on a snotty nose!
5. Bobux shoes: These are really expensive, unfortunately, so I can only get one or two pairs every six months, but Svanja wears them all the time. They are the only shoes I've found that stay on her feet (and that she can't pull off, even while wearing socks!), probably because they are made of soft leather and elastic. They are flexible, too, and specially made for babies' feet to grow correctly. Closest thing to going barefoot, which is best for babies and toddlers, but can't happen when leaving the home.