Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Mini Photoshoot

 Who says that a photoshoot has to take a long time?  I really wanted to get pictures of my daughter out in the freshly-fallen snow, but I wanted her to be in certain (not-very-snow-friendly) clothes and actually sitting IN the snow, not on something on top of the snow.  So I decided to make it very quick, and it went even quicker than I had anticipated since she started grabbing at the snow with her bare hand and I did not want her to get frostbitten. I dressed her in all white with a red piece of fabric and a piece of lace to use as a cloak; I wanted her to be Red Riding Hood as well as a little snow baby.

The total length was 3 minutes, and I got 32 pictures and 2 "outfits" in that time.  Here are two of the best pictures (after editing in Photoshop):















Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding cake.

-from "Winter Time" by Robert Louis Stevenson







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments - then I'm not just talking to myself! Join in the conversation.